Monday, February 22, 2010

Valentine's Day Baking

I know Valentine's Day is a week gone, but here are a few pictures of some Red Velvet cupcakes, and a miniature double-layer cake I made for the occasion - I used some of our old toy baking pans ;) !

Batter...



Baked...


The finished product!


I'm not much of a cook, like some of you - the icing turned out lumpy, so my creations don't look very pretty maybe, but they did taste good ;) !

The cupcake papers are 're-used', so to speak, but completely sanitary, I asure you ;) . Some folks from my grandparents' church gave them a big tin of cookies for Christmas. As the cookies were eaten, I saved the papers they come stacked in, and am now getting around to 'recycling' them as cupcake papers! Waste not, want not, as the saying goes... I can't stand to throw something useful away... ;)

1 comment:

  1. They sure look delicious, Kyrie! Isn't it fun to create things in the kitchen??! I know that I enjoy making desserts and putting meals on the table for my family~

    Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete